Q10013 - Why I got 'No license available' error when connect to a Firefly server?
Firefly uses a standalone license server called Hansky License Server.
This license server is installed as a component of HPC (Hansky Project Center).
HPC contains Hansky Project Portal, Hansky Directory Server and Hansky License
Whenever a Firefly Client connects to a Firefly server, it will be challenged
for a valid Firefly user license. The client must checkout a valid license
token from a license server .
The 'No license available' error message means that you don't have a
valid Firefly user license.
Here is how to troubleshooting:
- Check whether you have correct license setting in Firefly Client Setting
Open Firefly Client Setting for .NET (you can find similar info in
Firefly command line or Firefly Integration for IDEs), pleasec check whether
you provide correct information for
If you have a wrong IP, or port, you will get the "Error 65547: No
- License Server IP - HLS hostname or IP
- License Server port - HLS port naumber, default is 4761
- Serial Number - this is specified by license server administrator,
normally this is empty.
- Check whether you have "Hansky Firefly 3.0 User" license
installed in your license server. You can browse license
information by visiting http://LicenseServerIP:8083.
If you don't have this license installed, you will get "Error 66137:
No such Feature", or "Error 66136: No such Vendor".
- Check whether the Firefly user license is expired. If it is expired,
for Firefly clients, it is just like you don't have this license installed.
- Firefly 3.0 uses named-user license model. Please check whether your login
name is listed in the name list for the 'Hansky Firefly 3.0 User feature.
If your login name is not listed there, you will get this error:
"Error 66145: No license available."
- Check whether the time of Firefly Client machine and that of License Server
machine are synchronized. If the difference between them is greater than
24 hours, then the client will not be able to get a license token from license
In this case, you will get "Error 66141: Bad time. Difference between
server and client system time cannot exceed 24 hours. Please make changes